Who We Are:
Founded in 2012, acKnowledge Digital (AKDM) is a New York City-based Digital Marketing agency that helps traditional and premium brands and businesses who are in need of digital marketing expertise but do not have the resources to manage an effective marketing campaign. We help companies develop customized strategies and execute strategic plans targeting their key performance indicators for success.
AKDM’s extensive offering spans SEO, Social Media, Display Planning, Analytics & Insights, SEM/PPC, Mobile Marketing, Business Intelligence, & Projection Modeling. Our roster includes a great mix of well-known brands and innovative startups such as: A&E Networks, Lifetime TV, History Channel, Vice, Chase, IKEA, Supergoop!, The Webster, Veronica Beard, RELATED, and many more.
About the Role:
As a Data Engineer, designing and implementing data solutions doesn’t intimidate you. You thrive in this role when you’re able to learn new technologies, collaborate with teams across disciplines, and help establish a data-driven culture of measurement. Your innovations to maintaining and expanding our ecosystem of data pipelines provides the basis for many crucial downstream processes; complex analysis, data products, and digital marketing performance measurement.
- Collaborate closely with our marketing teams to understand and accurately integrate web, app, and marketing analytics data sources into new datasets for measuring customer acquisition
- Combine structured and unstructured data sets to be used for analysis in business intelligence tools
- Assist with the design of the core data vocabulary used for analyzing user activity, and enforce consistency across platforms
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing data infrastructure for greater scalability, data quality and performance
- Design and manage the information access and delivery effort for the data warehouse.
- Produce high quality technical documentation, such as a data dictionary
- Support training on metrics and self-service data platforms to enable a stronger data culture
- Work with various team and executive stakeholders to define mission-critical metrics and key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of data engineering experience with a focus on digital advertising or ad tech space
- Experience with open source databases such as Redshift or BigQuery
- Advanced SQL skills (MySQL and/or Postgres), familiarity with data warehousing, data architecture, data integrity, data standardization, and dimensional modeling
- Proven critical thinking and analytical problem-solving skills
- Passionate about data and software engineering
- Ready to be part of a tight-knit, growing team; ambitious, can work independently as well as collaboratively and possess interpersonal skills
- Experience with one or more data visualization tools, including Tableau, PowerBI, or Data Studio
- Experience with data-driven documents (D3.js) or statistical analysis software
- Experience version control (Git) and containers (Docker)
- Experience with applications like Salesforce, Google Analytics, or Pardot
What We Provide:
- Medical, dental and vision individual plan covered 100% by AKDM and 70% Dependent Care
- Company 401k match
- Annual bonuses (Based on company performance)
- Flexible work from home and vacation policy
- Exciting culture and group atmosphere
- Nurturing learning environment with growth opportunity